Tuesday 24 May 2011

bare knuckle training/conditioning clip

Here's a recent clip of me, practising power and form bare knuckle on a 30lb sand bag,using mainly strong knuckle focused punches but there's also a few focused chops in there as well.

 


Here's another older clip of me practising my focused impact(the end of the strike) its a hanging laminated picture,against a judo mat then wall, so your not training the deep plunge that gives much more bodyweight, because its a picture you can visually target as well. this is the same thing as learning the snap in boxing,I also think this sort of thing would very much benefit a boxers/MMA training.

 

Here's one point you might find interesting,After a brief few months punching in JKD in 2003 I decided to focus on the open hand, I've only been training to punching seriously since October 2009 when I decided to see how well I could train myself, after I started teaching a few boxers to improve there form.but I had a head start Because the body mechanics were the same as the open-hand I already trained in, So that's a big Thanks to Dennis Jones!

No comments:

Post a Comment