Saturday 5 April 2014

"IS YOUR CUP EMPTY OR FULL" BRUCE LEE

Is your cup full or empty?

I always find it interesting how some people resist change, and they don’t realise there blocking their own ability to learn and gather knowledge and even pass it on.
Now imagine if I was in an gym and I said to the bloke next to me who I had watched on the bag, I can show you how to hit harder,explain a bit, just give me the chance to show you. Most of the time you will get people interested, enough to test if the claims are genuine. After all it only takes 5 minutes to hold a pad for me to answer any questions. For someone to do this is pretty normal and id say, this usually happens over 98% of the time. These are people that haven’t stopped learning and are open to new techniques. You have to be, to be successful in any fast changing or growing sport. You can’t control the flow but you can go with it and ride the wave on the front so to speak. There’s is another small percentage of guys who have stop learning ,these are often much more experienced martial artists, who could have been training something one way for years and their beliefs are fixed. And there’s almost a fixed stubbornness to refuse to believe anything new.

Many Guys have said to me something like “I believe your power is what you’ve got from the start " Your born with it and it takes many years to build any explosiveness and it can’t be taught” And most come round particularly after hold a pad! But there’s the occasional person so fixed in their beliefs that even when I offer to show them and prove my point in person they run a mile, They  refuse to even take a look or even entertain that fact, that after all these years training they could be shown something new. Most trainers know how to throw a Boxing or Muay Thai punch, I’m teaching kinetic punching it’s a punch designed specifically from the MMA gloves up, stronger positions to deliver more power, the body mechanics are much more efficient using less energy, and the strike is much more explosive because of the shockwaves trained on the end of the strike



Is your cup full or empty?

Bruce lee
 Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment