Tuesday 6 November 2012

My profile part two


Well its now almost November 09 and I have to say it’s been one of the most interesting  year and a half I've had have from discovering the delights of a very heavy bag, or I should say various heavy bags in different shapes etc really to find out what works best for each strike, ! I had always trained for the one shot KO and was at the point of putting out a DVD when I realised there more, the mistake I made earlier on in my training was not using a very heavy bag to learn real power generation, I had trained KO power in my slap a good while ago and the drop step felt very natural but as soon as I started on the big heavy bag the drop step stopped and the stepping and launching became the one way that worked the best and the only way that didn't hurt, if something’s not lined up you’ll know on a good solid bag but I really feel I've reached a point now in my search for the best(the most power) and most natural movements,
But what’s made the biggest difference has been studying and training with Dennis Jones, He spent 25 years on the door perfecting the art of the one shot KO. Since I started my search for most powerful mechanics has taken me far and wide and I've not seen anyone who comes close to what Dennis does, the similarities were clear to what I was already doing. If in danger strike the head with hand strikes until safe pretty simple basics really, with gouging ,ripping, biting, clawing when you can’t use a strike, the one thing he stuck to was honesty  and what became quickly clear was that he wasn't in it for the money there was no “system” and in fact the basics were what worked 99.9% of the time and even the gouging etc was really back up to the strikes, yes basic anti grapple was learned and whatever  felt was needed was trained for, but with a high percentage of the training in the striking that’s what gave the high percentage of success. This may sound simple but there are a lot of little details that makes what Dennis does very advanced, honed on the battle ground he’s spent most of his life perfecting what he does and he does it a hell of a lot better than me
And I feel that what I now do has changed so much from the earlier clips that I've taken some of my older clips down and will be replacing some and adding more over  the next few months, the basic slapping(bearpaw) I used to train is still what I consider still the best I could teach for a day course in basic self defense/combatives, but if you’re going to spend any real time training then I I've believe Dennis has found the most basic and effective combatives  out there
I'm not a student of Dennis just a friend who’s added lots of his principles to what I do, he’s not teaching a system and basically says he retired, what I really find interesting is how few people have asked him about his training in the past?
Right back to me so I now feel from a going physical point of view that I've found the best mechanics’ positioning set-ups etc.  that honesty and experience can buy and I'm going to spent the rest of my life perfecting it and teaching it to others
And I thank you Dennis for making such a huge difference in my life
Karl
Oct  26 09
it was around this point I started looking and focusing on the punch and this is were my punching videos started on YouTube
I will update my profile sometime in the future haven't had chance to write it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment