Tuesday 7 August 2012

Examples of shockwave striking


I held pads for quite a few people and there’s not many who had that  extra talent  there was something else on the end of that strike something very different, when I held a pad of felt a light shot to the body, Martyn Griffiths was the first and the first guy I trained with he had taken his jkd style that was kinetically perfect and he knew how to deliver a mean shockwave in  any strike!, Carl Lewis from Wrexham is another excellent Jeet Kune do instructor who had it, and Dennis Jones who really taught me how to understand my own kinetic chain, and who’s shockwave felt like no other! Serious unrestricted (unrestricted I mean no style, any way is his way) precision bio mechanics. And I’ll throw in a mention to Dean Jones a fellow welsh man who also had that shockwave going on! When you look back at this earlier clip I was developing a way of delivering a deeper shockwave with a Slap (the bear paw) rather than a shorter stinging effect when the slap is wiped across the surface of the body, you can clearly see the shockwave being delivered and the effect it has on the body, in one of my very first bearpaw clips here and the wipe versus plunge clip,you will notice how Ben Smith knows how to absorb a strike with his own shockwave.and you can check out my other slaping clip on Youtube


And heres a short clip showing Dennis Jones and my mate Martyn using shockwaves strikes


No comments:

Post a Comment